Reporting to: Head of Finance
Date: May 2020
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Controller to join our busy Accounts Department and head up the day to day financial activity for the business. Being number 2 in a team of 5, this is a key hands on position which requires confident, working knowledge of accounting disciplines such as financial accounts, monthly management accounts preparation, monthly management accounts review, generation of cashflow, VAT compliance including intrastat and EC Sales List, international group consolidation accounting, budget preparation as well as a focus on continuous improvement to the accounting system and internal controls.
The ideal candidate will also have to work closely with various auditors ranging from the internal audits from the French parent, to external audits such as UK compliance and HMRC routine-based audits (VAT, import/export, etc.). He/she will also take on the responsibility of an AML Reporting Officer ensuring the company remains fully compliant with the relevant legislation at all times.
This position also involves regularly liaising with other members of the senior leadership team on a monthly basis and managing the business partnering relationships. This person will also be required to manage a team of a minimum of 2 people staff including a Management Accountant and Purchase Ledger Clerk.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and quarterly board packs.
- Statutory accounts preparation.
- Cash flow modelling.
- Assisting with annual budgeting process and cash flows.
- Attend meetings representing the Finance team as required.
- Monitor all overhead costs, expenses and internal stock controls.
- Oversee all transactional activity including AP, AP and daily bank reconciliations.
- Manage, mentor and coach 2 + accounts team members.
- Assist the head of Finance with the strategic business planning.
- Reconcile all stock movements on a monthly basis.
- Oversee the annual audit.
- Prepare and submit UK VAT Returns and other external reporting, intrastat, French VAT.
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organised.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively and manage own workload.
- Willingness to work hard on flexible time to drive the business forward.
Skills and Qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Previous experience working within the retail/fashion/luxury space is key.
- Excellent communication skills, confident presenting.
- Experience of using Payroll Software.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.