Reporting to: Head Chef
Start Date: 14th June 2019
Helping to manage the kitchen at Rose Bakery in Dover Street Market and working as a Chef. Ensuring that the standard set by the Head Chef is adhered to by all employees (work ethic, standard of food, behaviour etc). Providing support to the Head Chef so that the kitchen runs seamlessly ensuring the very best customer service levels at all times
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Following the weekly menu set by the Head Chef, able to interpret the menus and ideas within the RB aesthetic.
- Ensure Chef has tools/ingredients/knowledge to implement these menus.
- Control of stock levels: ordering, storing.
- Ensuring Food & Hygiene protocols are followed and implemented.
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and the weekly cleaning rota is adhered to.
- Ensuring all food served is to RB standard and the daily structure is adhered to
- Ensure that food is ready to serve at 12pm.
- Support of the Head Chef with menu ideas and long-term projects, kitchen improvements.
- Keeping an eye on the maintenance of the kitchen, ensuring that equipment is looked after by other team members and that all problems are reported promptly to the Head Chef.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Motivated, competent & able to converse well with customers, producers, suppliers, staff.
- Able to easily communicate with the Head Chef on issues, interested in open dialogue style of working.
- Ability to follow and maintain a food standard and keep to that standard at all times through attitude and hard work.
- Organised, self-motivated and dedicated to RB.
- Interested in food trends and an eye for detail within the RB aesthetic.
- Ability to identify, solve and prevent problems within the restaurant (Kitchen staff | food production | kitchen maintenance)
- Excellent Chef who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.