Senior Sales Associate Basement Floor
Reporting to: Floor Manager / Store Manager
Date: July 2019
The main objective of this position is the creation and ongoing development and retention of new client relationships both in store and internationally as well as introducing existing clientele of which you already hold relationships with. By offering the very best customer service and by meeting clients’ needs and expectations at all times, you will aim to achieve and elevated the Company’s key financial targets.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Customer Service and Sales:
- Ensuring the very best levels of customer service at all times.
- Directing and driving sales.
- Offering a personalised shopping and styling experience to all clients.
- Delivering the monthly and seasonal sales targets and working closely with the team to achieve these.
- Ensuring that customers are added to the DSM Database.
- Keeping up to date with all current fashion trends and advising customers accordingly on stock availability in store.
- Maintaining a Customer book of key customers and VIPs.
- Leading by example when it comes to follow-up and clienteling.
Stock and Brand Management:
- Being the go to Brand Ambassador, taking ownership of particular brand(s).
- Offering advice, expertise and feedback in relation to buying and brand placement.
- Keeping stock replenished and ensuring stock room areas are tidy.
- Conducting regular stock checks.
- Taking part in the processing of bi-weekly stock deliveries.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse at all levels both internally and externally with staff and clientele.
- A total self-starter able to lead by example and set the standard through their own professionalism and attitude.
- Demonstrating the capacity to support more junior members of the team with sales conversion.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and comfortable in a super faced paced environment.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless be approachable with a flexible outlook.
- Must be willing to work hard with a strong focus on driving the business forward.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise effectively.
- Retail sales and expertise within a luxury business for at least 5 years essential.
- Specific understanding of the Comme des Garcons Fashion House, aesthetic, consumer and sub-brands. Previous experience in selling CDG brands beneficial.
- In depth knowledge of collections and stock availability at DSM.
- Current Client book of potential new business for DSM as well as maintaining DSM existing clientele.
- Previous attendance of relevant trainings (i.e. clienteling, sales development, etc.) beneficial.
- Language skills such as Arabic and Chinese/Mandarin would be advantageous.
- Experience of using Retail Pro System would also be beneficial.