Part Time VIP Client Services Assistant: Asian Market
Reporting to: Business Development Manager Asian Market / VIP Sales Manager
Date: October 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Part Time Mandarin Speaking customer services professional to join the VIP Sales Team at Dover Street Market. The main focus of this position is to support the Business Development Manager for the Asian Market to deliver the very best service standards.
- Managing relationships and offering the best customer service to all DSM Asian VIP clients.
- Supporting with the ongoing development of the Asian Market.
- Creation and subsequent retention of new clients both local and internationally.
- Setting the standard of the very best customer service levels at all times.
- Achievement of key financial targets.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Customer Service and Sales:
- Ensuring exceptional levels of customer service at all times.
- Managing enquiries, comments, direct messages and communicating with customers on Asian Social Media Platforms.
- Responsible for general Asian VIP enquiries.
- Confident with managing customer databases and forecasting future purchasing trends based on current purchase history.
- Dealing with an array of different customers ranging from stylists and personal shoppers, to tourists, students, walk-ins as well as other fashion organisations, VIP clients, etc.
- Able to tailor their approach according to client’s purchasing habits and desired amounts.
- Quick thinking related to transfers of products coming from other stores, stock movements from central warehouse
- Communication of key launches and adherence to process in driving launches with VIP
- Maintaining My Floor, My Shop standards every day, Embodying DSM Values and representing the store in all work activities.
Support to Senior Sales Team
- Provide support to the Senior Sales Team before, during and after sales transactions specific to Asian VIP clients
- Native fluency in Mandarin essential to communicate smoothly with all of our client base, both non-VIP and VIP customers.
- Regular communication with Asian VIP clients maintaining a good rapport and professional tone at all times.
- Scheduling of appointments.
- Supporting and facilitating the sales process on the shop floor.
- Timely packing and despatch of all stock once sold ensuring safe receipt by the client and appropriate follow-up.
- Correct processing of all approvals, overseeing the entire process from beginning to end.
- Book all couriers, shipments and returns in communication with the DSML Concierge Team and keeping the clients fully updated throughout.
- Oversee all overseas clients mail orders; understanding of shipping to Asia - exotic skins and cites management
- Photographing of new items and sending of presentations / product images and information in a professional manner via e-mail.
- Maintaining product image database and look books
- Keep the database of client details updated and correct as well as record all key dates such as birthdays, anniversaries and religious holidays on file for all Asian VIP clients.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English
- Experience of communicating via WeChat, Little red Book, and using AliPay and WeChat Pay.
- Good understanding of Chinese Customs and Duties procedures for exporting paid items is advantageous.
- Retail sales and expertise within a luxury business.
- Specific understanding of the Comme des Garcons Fashion House, aesthetic, consumer and sub-brands.
- Specific understanding of all collections and stock availability at DSM.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Multi-disciplined, multi-tasker.
- Competent using Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of iPhoto / Dropbox etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Retail Pro
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Flexible with working hours and willing to do whatever is required to get the job done and thereby ensure absolute client satisfaction.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, able to multi task and work well under pressure within a highly fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify problems and implement appropriate solutions.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.