Office & Operations Manager
Reporting to: Vice President
Date: September 2019
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a super-efficient and experienced Office & Operations Manager to join the successful team at Dover Street Market. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of operational and executive support related tasks ideally within the luxury fashion retail industry. This is a cross-departmental position, reporting in to and working closely with the Vice President, with scope for growth within the organisation.
This role will suit someone who thrives in an extremely fast paced environment, enjoys the challenges of supporting a diverse and growing office team of approximately 45, and can confidently work independently with little or no supervision. Being extremely organized and flexible is therefore key in this varied role.
We are looking for a true multi-tasker who is comfortable managing different projects simultaneously, with strong negotiation and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the office.
- Working closely with the Vice President of Dover Street Market International on ad hoc projects.
- Creating and maintaining standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures.
- Participating actively in the planning and execution of company events.
- Manage relationships across a range of stakeholders including vendors, key service providers and landlords.
- General cost control and negotiation of office and store supplier contracts and tariffs.
- Booking all travel and hotels, negotiating costs and managing relationships with suppliers.
- Secretarial duties.
- Working closely with the Facilities Manager in the management of H&S for the business.
- Responsible for initiating and managing a diverse array of projects from start up to completion.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with relevant stakeholders as well as other staff members.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Meet project budgetary objectives.
- Past projects include office moves, new systems implementation, GDPR, seasonal changeovers, pop up stores.
- Partner with HR to implement and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Development, implementation, promotion and monitoring of environmental strategies within DSM.
- Analysing the current practices and identifying points where environmental sustainability could be improved.
Operations and Systems Management:
- Ensuring the smooth running of all relevant systems in the store and office, these include but are not limited to IT, Telephones, Retail/POS system, Staff T & A management system.
- Working closely with the Facilities Manager and supporting where required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A ‘can-do’ mentality, eager to find ways round obstacles and willing to exploit all the available resources in order to accomplish objectives.
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard through their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organised with the ability to hit the ground running.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable with a flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard within a superfast paced environment to drive the business forward.
- Flexible approach regarding working hours dependent upon the needs of the business.
- Proven experience as Office Manager / Operations Manager / Personal Assistant.
- Multi-disciplined, multi-tasker.
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience of working within a retail environment.