Inventory Operations Manager
We are looking for an experienced and professional Inventory Operations Manager to join our organisation. You will be responsible for proactively managing the stock operations across the warehouse and store, ensuring stock accuracy and leading your team, essentially responsible for the entire management of the stock within the business and efficient supply of products to satisfy the business needs.
You will proactively be looking for process improvements with a methodical and consistent approach. You will take responsibility and ownership in problem solving and resolution.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Smooth running of DSMI stock operation, continuously improve stock processes and delivery times
- Manage warehouse team and relationship
- Lead Stock Control team in store, ensuring stock KPIs are achieved
- Develop and coach Stock Controllers to ensure operational excellence within the store
- Work with merchandising and retail team in ensuring regular replenishments and restocks, including reverse replenishment to all departments.
- Provide an accurate and up to date picture of stock levels and availability to heads of departments at all locations
- Responsible for monthly stock positions, reconciliations and aging
- Investigating and performing detailed analysis of stock take results
- Developing and implementing tools to ensure stock system integrity
- Designing ad hoc reporting tools in response to business needs
- Produce month end reconciliation of the stock adjustment accounts, stock loss
- Minimise aged stock and subsequent depreciation
- Manage the RTV process and ensure all returned stock is correctly located and processed.
- Manage regular cycle counts, follow up on any discrepancies, missing stock, un-barcoded stock, incorrect or misplaced stock, minimise any liabilities on the business as a whole
- Investigate all discrepancies and ensure all 60,000 (non barcode) forms are actioned promptly
- Regular back of house reviews, ensure stock is orderly, labelled and stored correctly
- Audit all paperwork ensure it has been checked and approved correctly.
- Maintains up to date records and delivery schedules to VM, store replenishment and E-commerce
- Enter, control and check deliveries as well as manage all store transfers and approvals
- Align stock quantities after cycle counts, adjust stock levels and correct any discrepancies
- Action stock loss reports and keep accounting department informed
- Sign off Goods In and Dispatch slips
- Voucher in stock on RP
- Improve security and processes at Warehouse
- Organise vans, stock delivery schedules to be loaded on vans
- Goods In - Receive stock check quantity, description price of order are correct.
- Goods Out- Picking and Preparation of orders for dispatch/delivery
- Manage DSM seasonal change over stock movement in and out
- Regularly review long term storage stock
- Manage stock transfers between other DSMI and Intercompany
- Communicate with floor managers to improve their sell troughs
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Multi-disciplined, multi-tasker
- Knowledge of Retail Pro preferable
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office package and advance Excel skills.
- Versatile with numbers and figures
- Worked for multibrand FMCG retail, able to deal with large quantity of SKU’s
- ERP /WMS warehouse management system experience
- Good working relationship with various freight and logistics partners
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by his or her own professionalism and attitude.
- Energetic and self-organised.
- Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard on flexible time to drive the business forward.
- Able to work and understand both detailed work and the broader picture.
- Work time orientated on several tasks at a time.
- Capable to work to deadlines / ability to prioritise / optimal time management.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.