Head of Human Resources/Human Resources Director *
(*dependent on experience)
Reporting to: Vice President
Direct report: HR Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, hands on HR professional to join the team at Dover Street Market. You will be responsible for spearheading the Human Resources department and overseeing all HR activity including: recruitment and selection, employee relations, performance management, compensation/benefits as well as Health & Safety. As Head of Human Resources you will contribute to the overall business initiatives and strategies by analyzing business needs from an HR perspective, make decisions and recommendations in partnership with the Vice President, develop and/or promote HR initiatives to drive the strategic goals of the business and provide research metrics and benchmarking material as required.
This role will suit someone who thrives in an extremely fast paced, high pressure environment, enjoys the challenges of supporting a diverse and growing office team of approximately 45, with 150 employees including the store-based team in London.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Vice-President and the senior management team, develop effective HR strategies and service to support the DSM Store, Head Office and Global E-Shop.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen – partner with the business to deliver commercially focused people initiatives with a good overall understanding of company finances and use this to develop policies.
- Regularly analyse business trends and identify, develop and execute creative solutions.
- Identify themes and trends in HR/functional areas as evidenced by observations and conversations across the market and present to the Company VP for consideration.
- Review/create and implement all HR and Health & Safety related Policies & Procedures, ensuring these are fully compliant with current legislation.
- Devise a Recruitment strategy for the business and oversee its implementation. Interview senior hires where necessary.
- Build Talent and Staffing plans that are generated from the overall business strategy to ensure both people & talent needs are met at all levels.
- Maximize and retain internal talent by ensuring a robust performance management process is embedded across the business. Utilize one on one conversations, meetings and tools such as succession plans to ensure there are clear career paths and on-going dialogue with Top Performers regarding next steps and development opportunities.
- Develop strategies and tactics to effectively address under-performing employees.
- Review/ Create and implement a best in class Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
- Develop and control an annual UK HR Budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives.
- Identify compensation and benefits trends/shortfalls/opportunities to enhance the Dover Street Market Employer Brand.
- Co-ordinate remuneration policies and advise senior management on staff salaries in reference to external benchmarks.
- Evaluate large line items such as Recruitment, Benefits programs, Relocation and Training & Development costs.
- Regularly review and evaluate existing practices and look for cost saving opportunities where possible.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure all line managers are sufficiently equipped with people management skills to optimally manage and drive their team’s performance.
- Build invaluable leadership alliances with management and employees and maintain a consultative role within the organization as subject matter experts and business partners.
- Maximize internal resources, build relationships with and utilize network of HR and business peers (internal and external).
- Provide counsel and support on application of Human Resource policy, practice and procedures.
- Experience of acting as a role model is essential and leading teams.
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff.
- Review HRIS software.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior HR role, ideally within the luxury fashion space.
- Fully CIPD qualified or relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a super-fast paced and high-pressure environment.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills.
- Hard working with a flexible approach.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.