Reporting to: Store Director
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of Dover Street Market’s facilities, systems and H&S.
Always striving to deliver impeccable standards, you will be the main point of contact for our 3rd party contractors. This is a proactive and demanding role requiring excellent supplier management skills.
The Facilities Manager will have high-end retail H&S knowledge and will proactively identify ways to reduce hazards. You will review and implement relevant trainings for the team in order to raise awareness and ensure a safe and secure working environment for all staff, visitors and contractors.
In addition, you will work closely with the Special Projects team to provide support during in store installations as needed. This might include hands on involvement with installation build outs and display maintenance.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- First point of contact for all facility issues and hazard reporting.
- Daily and weekly store walks to ensure checklists are completed in regard to hazard reporting, forms and maintenance issues.
- Responsible for the management of cleaning Company ensuring standards are maintained and in line with DSM expectations.
- Responsible for the management of all building maintenance and security systems, working together with the Security Supervisor.
- Responsible for the management of all on site contractors: instruct tasks, supervise and sign off on all works completed.
- Working closely with the Office Manager and Store Operations to ensure quotes are received for all works and costs are managed closely.
- Monitoring staff room standards
- Work closely with IT and POS providers to ensure all systems are well maintained and in working order.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and annual checks of all systems and installations as per Health and Safety legislation
- Responsible for completing Risk and Fire Risk Assessments and subsequent update on H&S portal.
- Responsible for accidents, near miss and hazards reporting
- Focus on training and inducting staff on fire procedures, risk assessments and general H&S best practice
Special Projects – Installation and Event Support
- Hands on assistance with construction of displays and installations.
- Supervision of 3rd party contractors during installations together with the Special Project team.
- Assist with sourcing props for temporary and permanent use.
- Assist with event design and organization as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude. Good timekeeping skills essential
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done
- Strong eye for detail and organisational skills, someone who strives for a high level of accuracy within a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to identify problems and implement appropriate solutions proactively
- Be able to work on several tasks at a time
- Trouble-shooting skills to deal with ad hoc issues and proactively preventing any issues within store facilities and H&S.
- Keen interest in monitoring costs and preventing overspend.
- Have a range of competencies in the fields of H&S including First Aid
- Able to maintain a professional relationship with all employees, managers, customers and contractors