EA to VP & Office Manager
Reporting to: Vice President
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, super-efficient and experienced EA to join the team at Dover Street Market. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of executive support related tasks and project management ideally within the luxury fashion retail industry. This is a cross-departmental position, reporting in to and working closely with the Vice President, with scope for growth and development within the organisation.
You will provide a comprehensive level of administrative and organizational support to the VP to ensure smooth and efficient running of the function. Acting on behalf of the VP to take action and decisions in agreed areas of responsibility. This role will suit someone who thrives in an extremely fast paced, high pressure environment and who enjoys the challenges of supporting a diverse and growing office team of approximately 45.
We are looking for a true multi-tasker who is comfortable managing different projects simultaneously, with strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Partnering closely and working as a true right hand to the VP
- Thorough understanding of all departmental priorities and those of the VP and using this to proactively manage the diary, requests and workload.
- To act firmly and decisively, with charm and empathy, in managing both the VP's agenda and meeting schedules and to take decisions accordingly, while prioritizing the needs of both the VP and the business.
- Extensive diary and agenda management
- Ensuring the VP is fully prepared for each meeting, providing background information and previous meeting notes for all internal and external meetings.
- Proactively support the VP with meetings with the Leadership Team and Town Halls.
- Build strong relationships across the stakeholder group.
- Project management: To coordinate and/or lead ad hoc projects, as requested by the VP.
- Office management, overseeing all front of house, managing reception team, organising stationary/ health and safety
- Extensive travel bookings for VP.
- Senior new starter induction planning and organisation.
- Processing expenses for VP in line with Company policy.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Event organising.
- Knowledge and connection with the Dover Street Market brand and culture
- Entrepreneurially minded and a natural problem solver
- Previous experience of working as an EA or PA to Senior Management.
- Ability to engage with all levels of the team across the organisation
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and projects quickly and efficiently while showing diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Highly computer literate, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel with an affinity to pick up IT knowledge.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Other languages would be an advantage.
- Ability to be very flexible and to re-prioritize.
- Ability to act quickly to last minute requests and changes
- Able to work autonomously