Reporting to: Bakery Manager & Head Chef
Start Date: 1st August 2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable chef to join our team. The successful candidate will be a team-player who can also work unsupervised, with attention to detail and constantly be striving to increase the standard of food they produce.
Following the example set by the Head Chef at Rose Bakery, ensuring all food produced under your control meets Rose Bakery standards. Presenting yourself professionally both to Rose Bakery staff, Dover Street Market management, and Rose Bakery customers. Making sure your behaviour & work contributes to the seamless operation of the kitchen thereby ensuring the maintenance of the Rose Bakery standard.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing diverse, interesting, and RB appropriate food following the weekly menu set by the Head-Chef.
- Control of stock levels: informing the Sous/Head Chef of low stock levels.
- Ensuring Food & Hygiene protocols set by the Head Chef are followed and implemented.
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean & tidy and the weekly cleaning rota is adhered to.
- Ensuring that the morning structure is adhered to, thereby ensuring that all food is prepared on time and in quantities to feed 75+ covers.
- Attending the monthly BOH staff meetings to discuss menu ideas & long-term projects, kitchen improvements, pastoral care & general concerns.
- Informing the Head Chef or Front of House Manager of any issues, concerns, or complaints so these can be rectified.
- Idea generation of stock for the Rose Bakery shop, long-term projects etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Motivated, competent & able to converse well with customers, producers, suppliers, staff, and DSM management.
- Ability to follow and replicate the food standard set by the Head Chef and keep to that standard at all times through attitude and hard work.
- Organised, punctual, and hard-working.
- Ability to follow direction, retain information, and be self-motivated to document constantly evolving menus, recipes, and ideas.
- Interested in food trends, creative and willing to contribute to the RB menu and retail space.
- Excellent Chef who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.